ouish

Friday, March 26, 2004

The waiting game

I need to pull the trigger on school and I am just procrastinating again.

Everything is set but I keep making excuses to delay everything. I don’t know why. Maybe it is the universe telling me not to go back. But, here is the real deal… I need to go back. I like school. I have some kind of strange urge to be as educated as I can. I need to go back so that I can make more money in a different job. I just don’t see our family going anywhere if I stay here. I mean, my husband gets great raises every year (sometimes double digit raises) and profit sharing bonuses and other bonuses. I’m lucky enough if I will see a 2% raise and the health insurance will eat that up and more anyway. This place really does suck.

So, I feel a need to do something to compensate for the crappy salaries that the university doles out. Also, I just feel like I need more than what this job, this library, this university is offering me - mentally and financially.

On a happier note, today is my husband’s birthday! Let me just say (on the record) that he is the sweetest, kindest, most patient and understanding man I have ever known. I couldn’t have found anyone else in the world who would tolerate me and all of my quirks. I will never forget that day (was it eleven years ago?) on the library steps and later at Strickland’s (bye you guys!) when I finally met him. I knew that day I would never be going back to New Jersey. Happy Birthday you giant redneck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home