ouish

Friday, March 05, 2004

Squeaky clean

Okay, right now we are all healthy (as I knock on a wooden book truck) and so maybe this weekend will be a good one.

My husband is on a new dishwasher kick right now. See, our dishwasher is about 10 years old and it shows. Glasses come out dirtier than they were when they went in. The dishwasher is the original one from when they built the house and I don’t think they went to any trouble finding the best dishwasher they could. It is a GE super basic, no frills dishwasher. I hate it. I wind up hand washing most of the dishes anyway. With a one year-old the dishes pile up. The top rack turns into a sippy cup convention. So, my husband has done all of his research, tracked down the two top dishwasher contenders, and is in the negotiation stage. He lives for this kind of stuff. I just sit back and let him go. I just want it to clean stuff and match the other appliances.

So, the caffeine is kicking in, a rush book on early Sufi texts has just landed on my desk, and we have a dept. meeting in 45 minutes. What more could I ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home