ouish

Monday, March 08, 2004

Pencils down

So, I took my big standardized test on Saturday. The test was an hour away from my house, so woke up at 5:00 and drove in the rain to my testing area – cranking Songs inspired by Queer Eye for the Straight Guy the whole way. Well, I go to the wrong place (along with 6 other people) and we have to move to get to the right testing area in five minutes before the test begins – sharply at 7:30 – yeah, keep that in mind. If you have ever seen me drive or experienced the magic that is my driving, you can imagine a passat wagon shooting down hwy 316 at warp speed blasting Liz Phair. I got there with about a minute to spare.

There is a line of people in front of the classroom that I am testing in. So, I go to the back of the line. Well, there are three people on the other side of the hallway just standing there. One of them lets me know that “the back of the line is here” and points behind her. Okay, I am not a Ph.D. in line science but a line is a line. Two parallel lines do not make A LINE. So, I went and stood behind her. Does it really matter? No, it didn’t. We finally were allowed into the classroom at 7:40. Then, we had to go through passing out the tests, making sure we had everything put away but our ID, filling out the scantron form with our names, etc. By the time we did that and people got it straight what test code meant (it’s printed on the booklet), whether or not to fill in zeroes on the scantron sheet (how will the machine know it’s a zero if you don’t) and what test they should be taking and why they were in the wrong room – we finally got started. It was 8:25. If the future of education in Georgia was in that testing room with me, I am not surprised that the educational system in Georgia is one of the worst in the country. People, come on! You have taken these tests before – what the hell is wrong with you?!

So, I finished my test and had an hour to sit and do nothing. Overall, I think I did okay. I should know within the next four weeks. Oh, and dumb-ass who wanted to educate me about lines…she got up to use the restroom during the test, gave her test to the proctor and when she came back she forgot to get her test and just sat there. Finally, the proctor went over and gave her back her test. I just wanted to smack that ________(fill in the blank) and then draw a line on her forehead.

I’m thinking my son needs to go to private school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home