ouish

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

No more Fourth of July!

This morning, breakfast consists of coke and an everything bagel with cream cheese. This will explain the rambling entry today. Probably not the healthiest breakfast, but what can you do? My husband and son had chocolate chip mini muffins. I should be nominated for wife/mother of the year!

"Hi, Jenny Craig? I've got some more clients for you. Yes, it's my family. I've fattened them up real good!"

I’m actually looking forward to this weekend. First, it’s a three-day weekend. Next, I plan to go (with the family) out to look at houses. We are not really planning to move anytime soon. I just really love to look at houses. It’s inspiring. It’s like watching live HGTV. I can look at something and then think about how that would work in my house. What if we rearranged the furniture that way? What about painting the bathroom that color? We also have an adult party to go to this weekend. Do you know how long it’s been since we’ve been to an adult party? I think it was April when we went to a friend’s 30th birthday party. Her husband had a surprise party thrown for her in one of the skyboxes in the football stadium here. I remember they served beer and wine and none of it was in a sippy cup. I also remember that I didn’t have to clean up anyone with pre-moistened wipes after they were done eating. A grand affair! So, I am really looking forward to going to an event that does not include the Wiggles. Also, it’s the Fourth of July and that means Hot Thomas BBQ! Can you feel the excitement? I’m being totally serious.

And...if we get that yearly call from a certain couple who always try to "get together" at the last minute when it is totally inconvenient - here's what I say to you - "No more Fourth of July! No more fireworks!" Yes, I would like to have a van load of mean looking men kill me while your stupid wife calls them "assholes" from the back seat of your tiny car. Ummmm...no. Bigger car = right of way.

Also, eating an everything bagel while trying to work is not a good idea. I don’t think people want poppy seeds in their French literature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home