ouish

Friday, June 18, 2004

Eye against eye

Well, the eye surgery went well. There is a little soreness but overall the doctor said that everything went well and that the retina looks good. Thank God for that. You don’t really want anything to go wrong with eye surgery. Especially surgery on those blue eyes. My husband did really well. I don’t think I could have dealt with that as well as he did.

Sometimes, I think I get a lot of strength from my husband. I’m sure I don’t thank him enough for it. He is strong in ways that I have never been. I think we compliment each other in that way. That makes for a pretty good marriage – sometimes crazy – but still pretty good.

I think I have been pretty cranky for the past year. Especially to him. He’s put up with it for the most part. I’ve been working on it and I think I’m getting better. I think that sometimes we take each other for granted. I don’t think we make enough time for ourselves as a couple because we are too busy being parents, employees, homeowners, sons, daughters, etc. Sometimes, we leave the couple part behind because it’s easy to. I don’t know if other couples do that. I would like to think that we aren’t the only ones. I feel like I am so busy being a mom that I don’t have time to be anything else. It’s hard to take on such a big responsibility and not lose some of your previous identity. I need to find more of a balance. We need to find more of a balance. I know that is why I am cranky. I’m trying too hard to be everything. I'm working against myself.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the surgery and to say that I am glad it went well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home