ouish

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Private eyes - private wees, she's watching you!

Thursday, my husband is having eye surgery. Not like a scalpel or anything, it’s laser. He went in for an eye exam and they found a tear in his retina. Now, the ophthalmologist wants to “patch” the tear so that my husband doesn’t wake up one morning with a detached retina. Do retinas always detach during sleep? Can it detach while driving? Where did this idea of “waking up” with a detached retina come from? (okay, sorry about that – too many Seinfeld reruns)

I have been watching my son on the Internet. His daycare has web cams and it can be addictive. I’ve been watching him this week because he has switched to a new class. Sometimes, watching him makes me just want to cry. For example, I just watched him sitting at a little table with about eight other kids, eating lunch. It was like a roundtable of toddlers! You know that the table conversation went something like this, “Please pass the fish sticks. I am a little hungry today. How’s that new Elmo video? No, I still haven’t tried Pull-Ups.” Actually, I’m sure the table conversation was more like, “Baaaaa Baaaaa. Da Da Da, Dooo Dooo Dooo, Buh Buh Buh.” But in toddler town that translates into intelligent conversation – it has to. He is growing up so fast. Just seeing him sitting at that table with the other kids was so sweet. Next thing you know, he will be off to college and I will have no idea where the time went.

(Note to toddler girls in the area, especially Miss Emily: When you are older, like in your twenties, please stay away from my son. Right now, I refuse to believe that he will grow any older than 15 months so I can’t even bear to think about him finding someone else that he wants to spend his life with. Why wouldn’t he want to spend his life watching Disney Channel, driving around the kitchen in a plastic car, and reading Goodnight Moon – even if he is 24 with a degree in architecture? So, don’t even make me go through the heartache, okay?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home