ouish

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Me Pelo, me duelo

My hair is doing some strange stuff lately.

A lot of people say it has a lot to do with the humidity – but I know for a fact that after my son was born my hair took on a mind of it’s own. Either my hormones are still really out of whack or childbirth just warped my whole being. Well, it kinda did. That’s for another time. I’m talking hair right now.

My hair used to be bone straight. Like, super straight. Fine, shiny, thick, straight hair. I used to think that it had something to do with one of my ancestors descending from someone of Chinese origin and then another having American Indian roots. I don’t know if that is completely true. My parents told me that while I was in college, but they are both crazy and who knows what the real story is. Anyway, I loved my hair. It did what I wanted it to do without a problem.

Now, my hair is wavy and curly. Thanks to the humidity it’s wavy and frizzy. I have tried all sorts of products on it and they seem to make it look worse. Now, if I want it to look some sort of normal, I just dry it with a round brush without product and I get a semi-straight frizz that looks presentable.

Sometimes, I feel like cutting it all off (not like there is a lot anyway – it’s in a medium length bob), but I have a round face and I would look like a basketball head. All I would need to do would be to write “Spalding” on my forehead and get a fake orange tan. Transformation complete.

And, on a side note here are some shout outs - Betty, I read your blog. I check it everyday. Kamala, I really am sending you a package – it’s way late, but it’s coming. I also have the picture disc with the wedding pictures in the package. And, to Fred Sr., “I took my base, son.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home