ouish

Saturday, February 25, 2006

What does it spell?? D-S-L!!!

We got the DSL hookup! I can use my computer at home without threatening to throw it out the window! I can do things from home instead of having to go into work on the weekend! Can you tell I am excited? You bet your butt I am!!

Whew! Enough of my mini-cheer session for technology.

Monday is my son's third birthday. I can't believe how fast three years have gone by. It's amazing to look back at pictures from when he was born and see how much he has changed. I can look at his baby pictures and see so much of the person he has become in them.

Today we went to the local "baby furniture store" where we bought the furniture in our son's room. He has a conversion crib and we need to buy the kit to convert it to a double bed. Going back to that store brought back some really happy memories for me. Looking at all of the adorable bedding, the quilts, the artwork - it reminded me of how special that time was. It's hard to believe that it was three years ago. It feels like yesterday.

We always talk about having a little brother or sister for our son. It's not very easy for us. It wasn't very easy with him. I would take any physical pain over the mental and emotional pain that comes with trying for a child (and losing a child). We haven't been "trying" since winter 2004. It was too painful to think about that for a long while and to be completely honest, I was so afraid. Afraid of having to deal with that again. It had taken a toll on everything from my mental stability to my marriage. It wasn't until recently where I could feel like I was back to normal. Back to where I was in the fall of 2004. Damn! It feels good to come out of that cloud. I'll be the first to admit (now) that I was depressed. I didn't seek the proper help that I should have. I didn't.

God, I didn't want this to turn into downer central - and it won't. I guess I want to say that I think about these things, they churn through my brain, they are a part of my life. I use this space to vent and to work things out in my brain. I seem to make a lot more sense when I write things down than I do when I am trying to say them. And while I know some of you worry and don't want to bring stuff up with me, please don't. One of the things that I would hate most is that someone I know was afraid to talk to me. Really.

Now, if I could only win the lottery or strike it rich with one of the many ideas floating around in my brain, I wouldn't spend my eternity cataloging German economic books or Georgia documents about World Menopause Day.

That's right. World Menopause Day. Have some tea and talk about "the change." Sheesh.

1 Comments:

  • Happy birthday to the boy indeed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home