ouish

Friday, October 07, 2005

Gas crisis

Okay, so a woman at my husband’s job is gas crazy (like the fuel, people) Ever since hurricane Katrina and the subsequent rising gas prices, this person at my husband’s office has panicked and decided that we all need to FILL UP NOW! So, every once in awhile she goes on a “fill up” rampage and alerts everyone she can to fill up, top off, whatever. “The gas prices are going up. Leave work and fill up now!” And the sad thing is – people do it. Amazing.

So, after I got an email from him saying, “help me I work with a moron!” we came up with a song about it. My husband made up a music video for the “Fill it up!” song that we came up with to go with this woman’s rampage. It’s sung to the chorus of KISS’ “Lick it up”

Fill it up!
Fill it up!
Whooooa!

Just top it off now!

Fill it up!
Fill it up!
Whooooa!

The video has Gene Simmons in it and his tongue is shaped like a gas nozzle. He puts it in the gas tanks of these cars driven by hot women. Now, I know you could get all sorts of imagery from that, but we are keeping it clean, okay? Anyway, now you see what we spend our free time doing – walking in the park? cleaning the house? volunteer work? No. We make up songs.

Why we don’t do this for a living, I will never know.

5 Comments:

  • *falls about laughing*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

  • she's probably part of the overly large group of people freaking out about things being y2k complient back in 1999.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

  • Well, if this tells you anything - she said that for a very long time she didn't know where the chicken at the grocery store came from.

    I guess it just hatches in the plastic wrap??

    By Blogger fred, at 7:39 AM  

  • I just KNEW there was an 80's metal head lurking beneath your calm exterior. ;-)

    I've got more lyrics for you.

    Don't wanna wait 'til the price gets bettah...
    Top off the Hummer and be good to ourselves...

    Fill it up....

    By Blogger Wendy, at 11:37 AM  

  • 80s metal head...you don't even want to know.

    However, I did avoid the Bon Jovi craze.

    By Blogger fred, at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home