ouish

Friday, January 07, 2005

Be glad it's not the entry that it was going to be

Now that the holidays are over, things are supposed to be less stressful, right?

Hi. Welcome to my life. There is no time of the year when things are “less stressful.” My life is stress. I was born in New Jersey. If you think that alone doesn’t stress you out, I could start talking about my family (past and present) and you would be screaming for more Zoloft and Kleenex before I even got past my parents.

Last night, I just became very angry. I still don’t know why and I am still very angry. I don’t mean I was just mad, I mean ANGRY. The kind of anger you feel in your gut. The kind of anger if you think about it long enough, you start to tremble. Real. Powerful. Anger.

Then, this morning, I was driving into work listening to a new CD that my husband bought me for Christmas. It’s by Mindy Smith. She’s like a cross between Alison Krauss and the Sundays. Anyway, there is a song called, “Raggedy Ann” on the CD and when I heard it this morning, I just cried. I guess because right now it covers how I feel right now. These are the parts that got me:

I'm just a little girl,
I'm Raggedy Ann
Making believe I'm happy, hey...
Raggedy Ann
Falling apart at the seams.

So when did I get so broken?
I wouldn't notice...
Everything just breaks away from me.
Hey! When did I get so broken?
I wouldn't notice...
Everything important leaving me.
Falling apart at the seams.

Trust me. I may be falling apart at the seams right now - but I will come back with a vengeance. I always do.

And two things you must do this weekend...
1. The Bedazzler. Find one and "bedazzle" some of your favorite shirts!
2. Vote in the BOB awards. There are two very funny blogs in the Best Mommy Blog category (Suburban Bliss) and the Most Humorous Blog category (Finslippy) that are up for awards and they SHOULD WIN because you WILL vote for them from now on - everyday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home