ouish

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Home again

I missed the whole super-breast controversy. It was on in our house. I was on the phone with my dad during the halftime show. Being on the phone with my dad takes all of my concentration and energy. He can be exhausting. This conversation revolved around him wanting to move to Florida (like every old northerner). He wants to move somewhere that is not like where he lives now – New Jersey. He has got a lot to learn about Florida.

Speaking of New Jersey, sometimes I really miss living there. I don’t miss the traffic, or the rude manners of some of the people – I guess I really just miss home. Sometimes, I catch myself thinking about being in a supermarket, or on a road back in New Jersey. It’s not that I’m not happy where I am. I really am. I just miss that familiarity of the place I grew up. Whenever we go back to visit, there’s never enough time to really enjoy being “home” again. What I would give to be on one end of the couch while my brother is on the other end, watching one of our favorite shows like “Press Your Luck” or “Degrassi Junior High.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home