ouish

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Therapy...oh, therapy

Just a short entry to wrap up my day at work.

Yesterday was a total a-ha moment for me. I realized how many things in my life were affected by my perfectionist attitude. For those of you who know me – stop laughing. No, seriously. Not perfectionist like “everything has to be perfect” but perfectionist as in “I have to control everything.” When I was on my own, it was great because I controlled everything. But now, I have a husband and child and I can’t control them, right? I realized that if I am not in control of things, I can get very uncomfortable. For example, traffic. I have a horrible problem with road rage. Why? Because I can’t control how other people drive. Another example, timelines. I would do things following my timeline, but it makes me crazy if people aren’t following my timeline and working at my speed. There are a ton more examples but they are way too detailed to get into now. All I can say is that because of the dysfunctional way that I was raised, being the oldest, having way too much responsibility than I should have at an early age, I think that controlling things is normal.

I'm rambling. I can't control it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home