ouish

Friday, February 04, 2005

Sometimes The Spectators See More Than The Players

I don’t like dealing with problems. Well, not my problems. I can deal with everyone else’s problems with such mental clarity that should be offered a Ph.D. in psychology on the spot. When it comes to me, I would rather hide under the bed until it goes away.

Well, that doesn’t happen.

And let me tell you, I have had some whoppers when it comes to problems. Some of them, I’ve never talked about (except to a therapist) and some of them are common knowledge if you know me. Let’s see…I’ve dealt with health issues, work issues, marriage issues, money issues, legal issues, friendship issues, mental issues, control issues, grief issues, and family issues. You name it. I’ve had to deal with it.

And never once have I run from these problems. I can’t. I may not like it, but if I don’t deal with these things they spiral out of control – AND THEY WILL.

I’ve had to give up some control because sometimes, YOU HAVE TO. Part of giving up control was to allow myself to trust in someone else’s judgment. There is always another way to deal with a situation. My husband is a logical person. He plans everything down to the tiniest detail. While that can be annoying to me, sometimes it really helps me find my way. When things become overwhelming to me, he can see them in a different light. He can find another path that I never saw. I am the person I am now because he found an open door to something that I thought was locked down.

Some things take time. But good things really do come to those who wait.

And I appreciate that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home