ouish

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Moe

Today we had to put Moe to sleep.

He couldn't walk any longer. The vet said he was in the mid stages of Alzheimer's (probably why he had no control of his bowels) in addition to having really bad arthritis - probably why he could no longer walk.

It was one of the most painful things I have ever had to do. He went peacefully. We were with him. We held on to him and told him how much we loved him. Even after he passed we stayed with him and told him he was in a better place. I told him we would see him again someday. I believe we will. I know he is up in heaven knocking over someone else's trash until I get there.

He was 14 years old. We knew this day would come. The house is missing something tonight. I am missing something tonight.

Rest in peace, Moe.
I love you.
Mama

4 Comments:

  • We all know he is happy eating pizza and beer. I cried my eyes out when I read this. Lets rememeber the good times, like the big crap he took on your bed! His reaction to foriegn people(eheheh). The 2 bro's tearing up everyones trash.(oops) and many more. I know its hard, Simi and Moe have been through a lot with us. He will be missed!! Take care..thanks for calling me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • Aw, sweetie. I'm so sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 AM  

  • Awww. My deepest condolences!
    I know that right now he's up in heaven hangin' at the bacon buffet. No more trash cans. Just bacon. All the time.

    By Blogger Wendy, at 1:17 PM  

  • *hugs*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home